After a yearlong silence following multiple allegations of sexual assault (many of which he is still under investigation for) on adult and underage males, actor Kevin Spacey quite literally wants to be Frank, as in Frank Underwood of his hit Netflix show “House of Cards.”
Daily Wire reports:
In a video released on YouTube — “Let Me Be Frank” — which Spacey tweeted out (his account has remained untouched since October 29, 2017), the actor reprises his acclaimed role as the notorious Frank Underwood, the murdering Machiavellian president with a penchant for breaking the fourth wall.
Wearing a Santa Claus apron while presumably preparing for a Christmas party, Spacey (donning a southern accent) addresses the camera as if we were watching an addendum to the “House of Cards” series finale, which gave his character an unseemly exit via an offscreen death following the allegations that tanked Spacey’s career. Piercing the audience with a sardonic grin, Spacey subtly references the many crimes he has been accused of committing while cynically suggesting that people have jumped to conclusions about him “without evidence.”
“We’re not done, no matter what anyone says,” Spacey tells the audience. “Besides, I know what you want. You want me back. Of course, some believed everything, and have been waiting with bated breath to hear me confess it all. They’re just dying to have me declare that everything said is true and that I got what I deserved. Wouldn’t that be easy? If it was all so simple, only you and I both know that it’s never that simple, not in politics and not in life. But you wouldn’t believe the worst without evidence, would you? You wouldn’t rush to judgment without facts, would you? Did you?”
Later, in what can only be described as a plea of “Not Guilty,” Spacey then declares that he will not be paying “the price for the things I didn’t do.”
“Despite all the poppycock, the animosity, the headlines, the impeachment without a trial,” Spacey continues. “Despite everything, despite even my own death, I feel surprisingly good. And my confidence grows each day that soon enough, you will know the full truth.”
“Wait a minute…now that I think of it…you never actually saw me die, did you? Conclusions can be so deceiving. Miss me?”
Let Me Be Frank https://t.co/OzVGsX6Xbz
— Kevin Spacey (@KevinSpacey) December 24, 2018
Shortly after the downfall of movie mogul Harvey Weinstein, the #MeToo movement focused on Spacey when actor Anthony Rapp told Buzzfeed that when he just 14, the “American Beauty” star drunkenly forced himself on him at a party. Immediately after, multiple allegations of sexual assault broke against Kevin Spacey in both Britain and the United States, many of which are currently under investigation.
In fact, on Monday, according to The Hollywood Reporter, the Cape and Islands, Massachusetts, district attorney “announced that Kevin Spacey will face a charge of felony sexual assault.”
“The alleged assault on a male victim took place at a Nantucket bar in July 2016,” reports THR. “Last year, former Boston TV news anchor Heather Unruh held a press conference to share her son’s allegation of sexual assault against Spacey. Her then 18-year-old son she said was sexually assaulted by Spacey inside the Club Car Restaurant on Nantucket. Unruh says her son, who was not of legal drinking age, told Spacey he was and that the actor “bought him drink after drink after drink.”
From Daily Wire